Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Lists, Part Deux

To really, terribly rephrase Walt Whitman: Do I repeat myself? Very well then I repeat myself. (I am large (i.e. pregnant), I contain repetitious posts.)

Things that are not awesome:
1. The constant repetitions of "Luchenbach, Texas" in my house. I can be repetitive; my husband cannot. Billion-year-old country songs are not conducive to good revisions of my novel. (And, yes, the truly awesome Willie Nelson contributed to that song; doesn't matter upon the 700th listen.)
2. The girl who made sure to point out that my current back-pain was in no way related to my pregnancy, because I have not yet achieved the term/weight/general snootiness to claim the true pains of motherhood. Thanks, judgmental girl. I'm sure your sense of superiority has nothing to do with your raging insecurity, either. :)
3. I have to play an entirely new waiting game, which is actually awesome if you read why, in #3 below

Things which are so awesome, they actually hurt:
1. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html. You can thank for this later
2. The fact I revised two chapters today! Two! That places me around 1/3rd of the way through the manuscript, which may not seem like a lot, but it feels like a real accomplishment.
3. Drum roll: not only do I have an agent, I have a publisher!!!!!!!!!! That's right folks - we've come to a tentative agreement with a major publishing house, for a 3-book series based on Hereafter. Get ready to read an awesome new YA book in Summer 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Saw your deal announcement in the free edition of Publishers Marketplace email this afternoon. Many congratulations, well done, and hugs all around! Fingers crossed it sells UK/Oz rights :-) (Yes, I'm being selfish ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tez! My agent is Australian, so I'm sure she's working hard on it!

    ReplyDelete